Biostatistics and epidemiology unit
Role and objectives
The Biostatistics and Epidemiology Unit aims to provide support to IIS scientists requiring assistance with methodological and statistical issues within the fields of epidemiology and statistics. The unit may either do this directly or supervise work performed by IIS-FJD researchers.
- Study design: choice of type of study, sample-size calculation, and randomization
- Design of data-collection forms
- Statistical analysis
- Interpretation and presentation of results
- Drafting and/or revision of the methods and results of articles, presentations, doctoral theses, etc.
- Teaching initiatives in biostatistics and epidemiology
Ignacio Mahillo Fernández
Building 4, 5th floor (Fundación Jiménez Díaz)