Role and objectives
- Conduct workshops for researchers on literature searches.
- Provide support for literature searches either over the Internet or in person at the request of researchers involved in any kind of project or clinical trial.
- Administer licenses granted by the Madrid Board of Health to access the Virtual Library so that researchers may use different databases such as Pubmed, EMBASE, Cochrane Library Plus, Fisterra, Web of Knowledge, etc.; journal websites such as BMJ Group, ScienceDirect, Ovid, Clinical Key; and the document-request service. Under the document-request service, the librarian asks other libraries for specific articles.
- The Fundación Jiménez Díaz subscribes to the Wiley Online Library which gives us access to particular journals published by Wiley. Libary patrons can also use theUpToDate service.
- The library also has an updated list of books in print that are available for internal loan.
Fifth floor of the research area near the University Nursing School
Access to the ONLINE LIBRARY PLATFORMS
- VIRTUAL LIBRARY: http://bvale.sanidadmadrid.org/
- SCIENCEDIRECT- CLINICAL KEY- EMBASE- BMJ Group: Access via the Virtual Library Portal.
- WILEY and UpToDate: Access available only through a computer that is connected to the Fundación Jiménez Díaz network.