Role and objectives
The Quality Unit is staffed by professionals trained in quality management. The unit's primary responsibilities are:
- To define, update, and assess the quality-management system of the Hospital Universitario Fundación Jiménez Díaz.
- To provide staff and work teams with the appropriate operational methods so they may achieve their objectives and enact quality-improvement measures.
- To approve periodic updates of the organization's strategic plan.
- To train staff on quality-control methods and provide units and/or services with knowledge on certification and/or accreditation procedures.
- To promote the EFQM accreditation model and foster process management throughout the hospital by carrying out internal training initiatives and employee workshops.
- To oversee the Fundación Jiménez Díaz quality-management system.
- To follow-up on the objectives set forth in the quality plan, assisting in the redrafting of these objectives.
- To support periodic revision of the quality plan.
- To coordinate reviews of the management system undertaken by the management team.
- To further use of the information contained in the quality-management scorecard among staff.
Laura Alfaro Cadenas. Quality Director, Hospital Universitario Fundación Jiménez Díaz
Fundación Jiménez Díaz. Edificio de Reyes Católicos, 5th floor Avda. Reyes Católicos, nº 2. Madrid 28040.